Understanding God's Commands in Their Literary Context (Coming soon)

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a post about how to study the Bible more effectively. In it, I walk through how to read The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17) in their "Literary Context" (That's a good thing to Google if you want to know where I'm headed) and how they are (1) a remarkable gift and (2) a reorientation tool for the purpose of turning a group of slaves (with a broken identity) into worshippers (with a restored identity).

Exodus is an amazing story of God being generous to His people. It has many correlations for us today in the Christian faith. My study has been meaningful so far, but it's still a work in progress. I look forward to sharing it with you next week.

Here's something to read in the meantime by the person who taught me this method of studying the Bible that I discuss in the forthcoming post: https://scriptureandlife.com/2012/03/31/literary-context/

Many thanks,
-Drew West

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Back: An Interview with Jimmy Moore, Founder of Fountain of Life Rescue Mission, and Some Thoughts on Faith and Good and Works

Reading God's Commands in Their Literary Context

Short-Term Missions, the Savior Complex and Dealing with our own Stuff (Part 2)